This will either make you cheery or annoyed but I hope it makes you smile. It’s fresh.
Fun Swedish electropop. Check out here.
Swedish indie pop. The Slytest, consisting of young Swedes Dan Axelsson and Simon Larsson has had a fascination for American music since birth. The band manage to put some local colour to the recording with what in Sweden is considered “the Gothenburg sound” – indie choirs and vibrant distorted guitar melody lines in the vein of Broder Daniel and Håkan Hellström – two of Sweden’s major underground pop stars. Check out here.
Swedish pop. This would fit in to Eurovision nicely. Check out here.
I think one of the reasons Swedes do music so well is that they take the best out of genres and improve on them ever so slightly. I mean, this song is country. But it sounds poppy at the same time, but it’s still really country. And I like that. Check out First Aid Kit if you like.
Courtesy of those Swedish electropop geniuses Icona Pop.
1. NT89 – Lyfe
2. The Dø-Slippery Slope
3. Justin Martin & Ardalan – Lezgo
4. Dada Life/Staygold – Video, Kick, Snare
5. Depressed Buttons – Ow! (Para One Remix)
6. Savage Skulls/Sprinkle Juice/Tony Senghore – Caravan
7. Surecut Kids feat Cheasleauen -Drunk In This (TJR Vox Remix)
8. Brodinski – Let The Beat Control Your Body (feat. Louisahhh!)
9. Yung Humma – Leme Smang It (Edo remix)
10. Knife Party – Internet Friends
Swedish retro pop. Keep her away from hammers. Check out here.
This is one of those songs that makes you think you can take on the world and come out winning. Whether you end up succeeding is another matter, but this is done with two Swedish pop superpowers and is worth having on your iTunes.
Beautifully life-affirming music from a super talented Swedish newbie. So happy to have discovered this. Check out here.
I love Ansiktet, even though they bust their vibes in Swedish which can be a bit problematic at times. The video is a bit out there but the song’s pretty awesome.
Courtesy of one of the most amazing Scandi blogs around, this will be my wake up alarm for the next week. A blend of the finest Robyn and Whitney Houston. Come on peeps, smile… Life’s good!
It’s just gone 7 times platinum. Good song, maybe an English version would make a lot of people happy?
1. Veronica Maggio ”Jag Kommer”
2. Bruno Mars ”Grenade”
3. Jennifer Lopez and Pitbull ”On The Floor”
4. Daniel Adams-Ray ”Gubben i lådan”
5. September ”Mikrofonkåt”
6. Adele ”Rolling in the deep”
7. Chris Medina ”What Are Words”
8. Pitbull – feat Ne-Yo, Afrojack & Nayer ”Give Me Everything”
9. Alexandra Stan ”Mr. Saxobeat”
10. Eminem & Rihanna ”Love The Way You Lie”
Sounds American right? Well, it isn’t. It’s Swedish. His real name is Ted Mauritz Svensson and his sound moves swiftly round the edges of 70’s americana and Randy Newman-esque singer/songwriter moods. It’s big sounding and heartfelt. Check out here.
This has been around for a really long time in Sweden but I notice I’ve never mentioned it on here. Anyway, enjoy the last Friday of 2011!
One of my favourite exports from Sweden this year, Johan Reinhold, has released an exclusive remix of his viral hit ‘Shoot Me Down’ courtesy of UK producer Owsey. Looking forward to Johan’s ‘Rework’ EP out January 20th 2012! Listen to the original version of ‘Shoot Me Down’ here.