One of the more interesting pop acts to emerge from the global scene of late, this year has seen Lina reach new heights, and I can’t see any sign of it slowing down any time soon. Here’s a Quickfire to get to know this fresh new talent…
You’ve recently announced that you’ll be supporting Little Mix on their arena tour… How does that make you feel?
I’m super excited! I love Little Mix, and it’s truly a dream come true for me.
Your musical journey has been pretty special, tell us a little more about your story so far.
I’ll make it short!
- I was the first Palestinian Arab to win The Voice Israel in 2013 (or any big reality TV show by the peoples vote)
- I supported Queen+Adam Lambert, Will Smith, and Little Mix.
- I am the first Arab female singer to publicly support the LGBT+ community.
- I got the support of the one and only Alicia Keys all over her social media when she posted a cover I made of her song ‘Holy War’.
- I’m the most hard working dreamer you’ll ever meet.
Who inspires you the most?
A lot of artists inspire me but every time I need inspiration I turn to Beyoncé, Eminem, and Alicia Keys.
- Beyoncé – whenever I need some drive and motivation.
- Eminem – whenever I need to focus and find determination.
- Alicia Keys – whenever I need an inspiration before writing new songs.
Who would you love to do a collaboration with, and why?
There are so many people that I would like to collaborate with but at the moment, I have an amazing single which hasn’t been released yet and I think Sean Paul would be a perfect match. I met Sean a few months ago here in London and last month in Tel Aviv, and if luck plays on my side we’ll collaborate! He’s an extraordinary artist who adds his own spices to every song and turns it into a hit.
Aside from the huge tour ahead, what else do you have in store for your fans?
My new single ‘I Wore It Better’ is out now! I love love love this single since it’s a super fun song that talks about overcoming the disappointment/heartbreak of seeing your ex with their new crush, who is wearing your favourite sweater. It explores how that makes you feel, the memories, the pain but ends with positive and empowering feelings.
My album is almost ready- it’s called ‘Walking On A Tightrope’ and hopefully will be released in the beginning of 2018. Stay tuned and follow my news on my social media pages and website.
This is a very new-music focused blog so I don’t do this often, but Kudos to Little Mix for releasing a big song like this.
Aside from the fact that it sounds a little like Arabic pop, the message is so great to the young ‘uns.