… and as usual, its both predictable and surprising in equal measures. The poll is still an influential indicator as to what the mass population will be listening to in the coming year.
- Ella Mai – first featured on Alfitude in August 2015
- Grace Carter – first featured in May 2017
- King Princess – first featured in February 2018
- Mahalia – first featured in September 2017
- Rosalía – first featured in August 2018
- Sea Girls – first featured in August 2017
- Flohio – first featured in January 2017
- Dermot Kennedy
There’s a strong shift on solo acts this year, and more so weighing heavily on soul, RnB and rap. I can’t tell who will win, but I’d like to see Grace Carter, Ella Mai, Mahalia or Rosalia get to the top… I also sense that Octavian could do very well (although he’s never ended up on the site).
The winner is revealed on the 11th January, and you can read more about the finalists over on BBC.
RnB and pop.