This is the same poll that predicted the likes of Adele, Jessie J, Ellie Goulding and 50 Cent would take over the pop world.
It’s no shocker that Ella Eyre has come second in the BBC Sound of 2014. It’ll be interesting to see where her career heads to over the coming months but I’m pretty sure she’ll be big in the UK.
Tomorrow we find out who the winner is. Judging by how much RnB has influenced this year’s poll, I’m guessing it won’t be a rock act. But who knows…
And so we are nearing to the top spot for this year’s BBC Sound of 2014! I’m not surprised in the least that Banks is third – the likelihood of this talent becoming a household name over the coming months is certain. Featured a year ago on here, she’s been nothing short of phenomenal in her output. Tomorrow we find out who is runner up in the poll.
While I’m not a huge fan of Sampha, it’s nice to see that his style of intricate RnB connects so well. Tomorrow we find out who’s come in third for this year’s BBC Sound of 2014, which is one of the most current polls in predicting who will become prominent in the music industry over the next twelve months.
I wait all year to see this list get published. Only because it’s interesting to see how many people have already been featured on here.
This year’s mix is a lot better than last year’s in my opinion, and is definitely more pop-orientated than previous ‘Sounds of’. Here’s the full list:
- Banks – first featured February 2013
- Chance The Rapper
- Ella Eyre – first featured April 2013
- George Ezra – first featured December 2012
- FKA Twigs
- Chloe Howl – first featured December 2012
- Jungle – first featured September 2013
- Kelela – first featured October 2013
- MNEK – first featured May 2010 (also check out the interview)
- Nick Mulvey – first featured May 2013
- Royal Blood
- Say Lou Lou – first featured May 2012 (as Saint Lou Lou)
- Luke Sital-Singh – first featured July 2012
- Sam Smith – first featured January 2013
The top 5 will be revealed daily starting 6th January 6th 2014, with the winner crowned on the 10th. I’m not putting any guesses on who will win this time round though!