Forward-thinking musical starlet Tove Styrke consistently pushes the boundaries of pop, and new single ‘Hardcore’ is no exception.
Taken from the upcoming album ‘HARD’ (out 3rd June), this dramatic yet playful song was produced and co-written by Max Martin’s young protégé Elvira Anderfjärd (Taylor Swift, Ed Sheeran) and Jakob Jerlström (Tove Lo, Lorde).
“‘Hardcore’ is definitely one of my favourite tracks on the album. It’s about wanting someone hardcore. I took the term from gaming, if you die you die but it’s all in. I also wanted to make the track sound drunk, like when you’re lost in a person. That’s why we made the temposhifts before each chorus. The production is so good on this one, it blows my mind.”
Tove supports MARINA on tour in May:
- 9 May – Copenhagen, Denmark (Vega)
- 12 May – The Hague, Netherlands (Amare)
- 14 May – Brussels, Belgium (La Madeleine)
- 15 May – Paris, France (Bataclan)
- 17 May – Edinburgh (Corn Exchange)
- 20 May – Manchester (O2 Apollo)
- 21 May – Leeds (Refectory)
- 22 May – London (O2 Brixton Academy)
- 25 May – Dublin (Olympia Theatre)