I’d safely say that these are the best visuals for a music video to come out of lockdown.
Jessie Ware brings us some 90’s-infused house disco with this banger. So good…
This video from Jessie Ware gets just one reaction from me… ‘awwwwww’.
‘SBTRKT, Jessie Ware, Tic and a sprinkle of Sampha.’
… Yes, it’s as good as you’d expect it to be. Mayer Hawthorne never fails to deliver in my view. This one is taken from his upcoming album, ‘Where Does This Door Go’ out July 16th.
A delicious new cut from Jessie Ware.
… but I reckon this attempt by Wild Cub is pretty nice.
The UK’s most prestigious album award, the Barclaycard Mercury Music Prize, just concluded it’s nominations ceremony. I’m not a massive fan of the prize, as it often seems a bit too snotty for my liking. That’s my opinion. Anyway, nominations this year are:
- Richard Hawley: ‘Standing At The Sky’s Edge’
- Plan B: ‘Ill Manors’
- Alt-J (∆): ‘An Awesome Wave’
- Django Django: ‘Django Django’
- The Maccabees: ‘Given To The Wild’
- Jessie Ware: ‘Devotion’
- Ben Howard – ‘Every Kingdom’
- Michael Kiwanuka: ‘Home Again’
- Lianne La Havas – ‘Is Your Love Big Enough’
- Field Music: ‘Plum’
- Roller Trio – ‘Roller Trio’
- Sam Lee – ‘Ground Of Its Own’
My money goes on Jessie Ware for what it’s worth. Who are you rooting for?
A gorgeous song to end the week with by Jessie Ware.
This is a massive throwback to the 90’s but so edgy at the same time. Love. Check out here.