We’re really getting spoilt these weeks with all the new Scandi records coming out… This time it’s the turn of Benjamin Ingrosso, who’s already got over 70 million streams under his name.
Personal favourites include ‘I Wouldn’t Know’, ‘So Good so Fine…’ and of course, ‘Dance You Off’.
Check it out!
Following on from his spectacular Eurovision debut earlier this year, Benjamin Ingrosso returns with a slice of summery electro pop.
Let’s get this straight first – Eurovision (to those who aren’t familiar, this is a huge annual TV contest that Europe takes part in every May where one European country – or Australia – tries to win with a song) is notorious for showing off more cheese than edgy music. This year though, truth be told, there is a decent selection of some fun pop tracks…
Sweden – Dance You Off
- Good – This is probably as edgy as Eurovision gets this year. Also, it’s from the team at the hugely successful TEN music production company.
- Bad – Sweden do so well in this contest that the expectations are always so high for them.
Cyprus – Fuego
- Good – Catchy, sassy sound.
- Bad – Probably won’t translate well on a large arena stage.
Israel – TOY
- Good – Easy, fun pop.
- Bad – Chicken sounds?
Belgium – A Matter Of Time
- Good – Belgium is forging a reputation for performing well-produced, minimal pop to this contest.
- Bad – It’s probably too understated for a show that relies on big performances.
The show goes live on the 12th May from Lisbon. Here’s more.
I haven’t featured some good radio-ready Swedish pop for a while, so here you go. This is quite cute.